Yes, but you must first obtain a Class Three License from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) There are about 2,000 Class Three Licensee holders in the U.S.A. Most are collectors of automatic arms. Some are salesmen who sell to police departments.

Fully automatic firearms are very expensive. In addition, they are expensive to use. At 500 rounds of ammunition per minute, you are using a lot of ammo. From a home defense standpoint, there is no need for machineguns. Too many rounds, in too short a period, with potentially major liability problems. They are hard to get, hard to use, and the Class Three License has a lot of requirements for storage, etc, etc. If you have a lot of money and want one, and don't mind all of the paperwork necessary, then you can request a Class Three License application from the BATF.
INTERESTING FACT: Prior to 1933 in the United States, an individual did not need a license for private ownership of a machinegun. Today, in 2004, there are thousands of civilians, owning tens of thousands of machineguns in the U.S.A. Since 1933, there have been only two cases of Class Three holders breaking the law. One was an active law enforcement officer who was also a drug dealer. However, in both cases, nobody was shot with a fully automatic weapon registered to a Class Three License holder! To start the process, contact: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms 650 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20226
Telephone: 202-927-7700
Fax: 202-927-7685 Copyright 2002 © P.G.R.A

  Copyright © 2008 - All rights reserved